The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Sweaty

I have not talked about my running in a while.  Even with the emotional ups and downs I have had, I have not missed a day.... still running five miles (8 km) every day.  Some days it is fun.  Some days it is a struggle.  But, I think I am now pretty safe (perhaps 90% safe) in thinking I can run every day OUTSIDE for the next several months.  This is a very good thing for me.  Being outside helps my emotions a great deal.  I also tend to try to run faster when I am outside.  Today, even though it was a pleasantly cool 38 degrees Farenheit (3 degrees Celsius) at the start of my run at 5:00am, I ran hard enough to have my sweat clothes literally soaked in sweat when I finished.  My resting heart rate was 56 when I awoke and when I finished my 5 miles I recorded a 140 bpm which quickly slowed as I walked home.

The take home message for me is that I am happy to be able to predict being able to run outside every day now for several months!

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger John Going Gently said...

You may have tweaked my interest
I power walk 2.5 miles a day with Mary but I am toying with jogging !
I think I may giv e it a go

Tuesday, 01 May, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home