The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, December 07, 2018

Weekend Plans


Although I personally have not particularly enjoyed any of the "Harry Potter" series of books or films, all manner of members of my family (all my kids, my wife, two of my siblings, and many cousins) relish them and voraciously read, re-read, and watch, and re-watch all the various "Potter" things.

However, perhaps because it is a bit more "real world-ish" at least to a small degree, or perhaps because it features more animals.... I found the first film of the "Fantastic Beasts" series by Rowling to be quite enjoyable.  Because it is by Rowling, to my various family members it "counts" as a "Potter" film even though I disagree.  I see the "Fantastic Beasts" group of films to be vastly different from "Harry Potter" books and films. 

Regardless, we are planning a large gaggle of us to meet up and watch the second film of "Fantastic Beasts" this weekend at one of our nearby theaters.  I am looking forward to it.

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I never finished the book series. I didn't dislike it but wasn't motivated to press on.

As for the films, I have never gotten around to seeing the last two although I would still like to.

I have very little clue about the FB series.

Friday, 07 December, 2018  
Blogger Geo. said...

Sincerely hope you and "large gaggle" of family enjoy the show. I know nothing of it and hope you post some impressions. Best wishes to you.

Friday, 07 December, 2018  
Blogger Jane said...

enjoy!

Saturday, 08 December, 2018  
Blogger jenny_o said...

I've never had any interest in the Harry Potter books or films, either, despite sitting through some portions with my kids. I hope you do elaborate on the Fantastic Beasts movies, especially as you say you see them as different to the HP series.

And maybe you already have done that; I'm so behind in reading and commenting - it's a busy time of year.

Sunday, 16 December, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home