The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Siren's Call


Hmm.  It is another one of those days.  I woke up this morning in the midst of a beautifully pleasant dream where I was a sales person at one of my favorite tobacconists.  It had been a very jolly, happy, camaraderie filled dream where I was walking around, pipe-in-hand, fixing up displays in the store, sampling various crumbles of aromatic burleys and latakias.  It was a wonderful dream, but it has stirred the yearnings in my soul. 

Added to this, as I was driving in to the U this morning, there was a fellow smoking a pipe outside a building near my own building.  He was not a faculty member that I knew (I know damn near everyone), so it was likely either a student's father or uncle, or grandfather who needed to help the student with something or other by driving the student in.  Seeing the fellow just added to my craving for a pipe.

Sigh.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger jenny_o said...

Sigh, indeed. Dreams can be very real, and I'm sure seeing that fellow smoking a pipe made it doubly hard to forget about the dream.

Monday, 03 December, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home