The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Whittling


While rummaging around in the garage when I was hanging lights, I came across a whittling set I have, but had not thought about in a few years.  I am considering getting involved in a new project.  It seems like it would be very enjoyable to try. 

In the past, I had whittled a chess set, and I had whittled myself a briar wood pipe bowl.  Both had turned out pretty well. 

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You are quite the artisan.

Thanks for your comment and question re my ring flash predicament.

There are many step-up adapters on Amazon, but they are to screw in filters and not making a holder to pop a flash onto.

In either case, the adapter screws into the threads at the front of the lens, but they are two different adapters.

I have just added a new post about my latest travails. :)

Thursday, 29 November, 2018  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Hi Pipe, I think that sounds a very nice idea. Crafting something with one's hands is quite therapeutic, I think. I once went to pottery class and made a pottery cat, which I quite enjoyed. The chess sounds as though you are an accomplished whittler. Did you whittle those lovely cats in the picture too?

Thursday, 29 November, 2018  
Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

Those are pretty nice cats. Do you have cats? I don't have much time for hobbies because I am retired - you will understand that some day.
the Ol'Buzzard

Friday, 30 November, 2018  
Blogger jenny_o said...

This sounds like an excellent hobby to keep the hands busy. I find my cravings for a food treat disappear completely for hours on end when I am engrossed in making crafted items.

Monday, 03 December, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home