The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, January 21, 2019

Dream Time


Once again, last night, I had another beautifully vivid dream about pipe smoking.  In this case, I was my "codgery-old-self" that I am today, but I was living in the late 1800s.  My family was the same, I was still a professor, but it was around 1890 or thereabouts and life was based upon the technologies of that time.  I walked to the U.  We had a family carriage and horses.  Life was slower paced.  And, I was enjoying pipes frequently throughout the day... even while teaching, so it was delightful. 

In my dream, the feeling of freedom of day-to-day life was oddly beautiful.  After awakening, I have been thinking about it in regards to the pipe smoking, and I think perhaps the dream was so pleasant as perhaps my mind corralled itself to shape my thoughts in the dream to that of a fellow in the late 1800s... with no inherent knowledge of the dangers of smoking, nor the stigma attached to it.  It was wonderfully relaxing.  It also reminded me of a brief period earlier in my life when I did participate in some reenactments from that time frame as well. 

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Dreams has alway facinate me. I wonder the reason we dream.
I dream that found a friend on chair in our shower and she had a bling fold on.
I didn't get up set. I told her to take the big bed and I would go into guest room.
It's not fact she was shower, but my reaction to it.

Coffee is on

Monday, 21 January, 2019  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

that sounds like a wonderful dream.never had one that went so far back in the past..

Tuesday, 22 January, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home