The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, November 15, 2019

Caramel Apple


It is the right time of the year.   And, I have a significant fondness for them this particular year as well.  I have been eating one caramel apple nearly every day for the last month.   I never seem to grow tired of them.  We have made a batch a few weeks ago, and of course home made ARE the best kind... but before and after eating as many of the home made batch that I could (my wife ate some), I have been supplementing with the simple, store bought varieties that are widely available this time of year.

Soon they will no longer be available in the store, and I will likely not have any after the end of this month until next year.... but right now... a daily caramel apple..... Mmmmmm.   It hits just the right snack note this time of year.  I suspect I will have consumed about 40 - 45 caramel apples this season.  :)  Only ONE per day, I assure you.  :)  It sometimes is a little bit messy in my mustache and beard..... BUT.... they are worth it.

PipeTobacco

7 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You're a kid at heart.

Friday, 15 November, 2019  
Blogger billy pilgrim said...

you have better teeth than me gunga din. carmel and toffee have cost my dental plan a lot of money.

Friday, 15 November, 2019  
Blogger BBC said...

I haven't had one for about 40 years.

Monday, 18 November, 2019  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

In my mind, yes! Maybe not in my body.

Monday, 18 November, 2019  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

I am fortunate that my teeth are reasonably good.

Monday, 18 November, 2019  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

You should try one again!

Monday, 18 November, 2019  
Blogger jenny_o said...

It is wonderful to have a special treat to enjoy and I believe it is MORE wonderful when we cannot have them all the time :)

Monday, 18 November, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home