The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Turkey Trot


Happily, with a surprising bit of warm weather here for the next two days (highs around 42 degrees Fahrenheit (5 degrees Celsius), I am anticipating that we may be lucky enough to have the snow melt in our yard.  We have already experienced an early, substantial snowfall this year.  If it melts away, this would be wonderful for two reasons:

1.  I typically try to put out Christmas lights and decorations during Thanksgiving week and this would likely make this again possible.  There was too much snow in the yard and on the trees to place cords and lights successfully at the moment.  If we do get the melt, I can route electrical cords and place lights on bushes and trees and place other decorations. 

and if the snow DOES melt, and the current forecast holds.... we do not have any anticipated snow through Thanksgiving itself I may:

2.  Sign up for running in a local "Turkey Trot" 5K Run on Thanksgiving morning.   The particular race I am thinking of has runners go through a wooded park for the race, and the best thing (for me) is that they also sell "Turkey Trot" t-shirts.... so if I do it, I will be able to buy a shirt as my "trophy"!  An added bonus is that the shirts this year are a pumpkin pie color which is a color I do not currently have in the form of a t-shirt either.  

If the snow stays away, I will feel comfortable about running the race out-of-doors, because I then feel I will have a reasonably good chance of not being a klutz and slipping/falling during the run. 

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

We have snow, we have sleet, we have rain, we have snow... and temps right around freezing. The worst case for driving or walking.
the Ol'Buzzard

Friday, 22 November, 2019  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

For some reason I thought Thanksgiving had passed already. Please, please, please, post a photo of yourself in a Turkey trot t-shirt!

Monday, 25 November, 2019  
Blogger GaP said...

Hope you had a great Turkey Day, Professor.

Friday, 29 November, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home