The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Hectic Wednesday

Today is set to be an especially busy day at the U for me, so while I wait for our dog to do her “business” I thought I would make my “to do” list:

Run (I just finished this... 6 miles today)

Lecture for a total of 5.5 hours.

Grade an essay exam for one of my classes (36 students)

Research guidance for my research students.

Write and submit two upcoming exams.

Finalize PowerPoint slides for the next two chapters in my one upper division course.

At least start the four talks I need to give at two upcoming research conferences in March.

Write a bunch of work related e-mails.

So, it will be a tough day where I need to carefully maintain focus.  It is days like these where my fantasy of laying in bed all day, reading novels, smoking my pipe, drinking coffee and eating a bunch of donuts sounds so appealing.  But it is only a true “pipe dream”.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

5.5 hours of lectures would finish me for the week. :)

Wednesday, 05 February, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home