The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Tired of Snow


As a Northerner.... snow is a facet of life from November through often into April.  But... truth-be-told..... this period of time in February is the absolute worst in regards to snow.  Not necessarily because of how much snow is present (that varies a lot)..... it is just..... that by this time of the year..... I am so damn sick and tired of snow, but there is really no hope for any sort of relief for at least another month and a half.  If we are really lucky, we may not have any snow after mid March.... but more typically there are at least a few significant enough snowfalls that happen into early April. 

As I inch closer to retirement, the thought of moving somewhere with NO snow grows more and more appealing.

PipeTobacco

5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yeah. I'm okay with winter, but it does tend to wear out its welcome. BTW it's is snowing here in Ottawa today. Accordingly, we have cancelled a lunch day. :)

Thursday, 13 February, 2020  
Blogger GaP said...

The older I get, the more I relate, Professor!

Thursday, 13 February, 2020  
Blogger Iris Blue said...

How close are you to retirement?

Thursday, 13 February, 2020  
Blogger David M. Gascoigne, said...

You know, I have never got to that point with snow. By the end of the winter I am glad to see it disappear but other than that it has its own charm. And now that I am retired I don't have to drive when the weather is bad. I do still shovel my own sidewalk and driveway, however!

Thursday, 13 February, 2020  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

We hardly ever have snow so heavy hail is a big event for us!

Friday, 14 February, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home