The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Lazy Feelings.... I Hate That!


This morning I feel very lazy and lethargic.  I did run my 8.1 miles.  But, I just do not want to do anything productive.  It annoys the hell out of me too.  I feel unfocused and need to figure out a plan to do SOMETHING meaningful with my day.  But, nothing that I can think of sounds either a) enjoyable enough to do or b) necessary enough to do. 

And with this damn lazy, lethargic feeling.... normal "play" activities I could engage in do not even seem appealing.  It is frustrating. 

I *would* like to go swimming.... that actually *does* sound enjoyable.  But it is only pipe dream because the public pool is unfortunately closed due to Covid-19. 

I think I am going to an especially big, especially robust iced coffee.... maybe the caffeine will help "jump start" my energy level. :)  But, then I will also try a strategy that has sometimes worked for me in the past....  I am going to go lay down for 30 minutes (with a timer to keep me from snoozing the morning away)  to try to "reset" my currently lethargic mood.  I have sometimes in the past been able to "reset" my mood pretty effectively if I take a brief "nap" to clear my mind. 

Keeping my fingers crossed!

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Our rhythms are what they are and are somewhat inexplicable,

Saturday, 11 July, 2020  
Blogger kestrel said...

Some days just begin like this, that there is no mood to do anything more strenuous than putting bread into the toaster. I just sprawl on the sofa and vegetate. Hope you get your mojo back soon

Saturday, 11 July, 2020  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Running 8.1 miles sounds the opposite of lethargic! But I know what you mean. You know that achieving something will make you feel better but it's too much effort to start. This too will pass. (Seem to be saying that a lot recently.)

Saturday, 11 July, 2020  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

We all get lazy bug...

Saturday, 11 July, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home