The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, July 25, 2020

My Wife’s Siblings

Unfortunately two of my wife’s siblings are in the midst of another argument with each other over some foolish nonsense.  The problem for me is that even though my wife is not involved in any of the damn fussing or fighting of those two, she is always roped in as a “mediator” if their arguing.  And, unfortunately it always gets her being very emotional and agitated.  THAT part then permeates our day.  (sigh)

Not much I can do about it, except to try to quell her emotions, and to try to not get involved.  Today may be a good day for me to work in the garage.  :)  Times like these make me miss the comfort of my pipes.

Hell, I know that damn near anytime can make me miss the camaraderie of my pipes, so that really isn’t news.  But, it is a bit stronger this morning.  :)

Small Addendum:  If any of you know of David Baker (blacksmith, judge on the television program “Forged in Fire”).... well.... I found out yesterday that he is a fellow pipe smoker.  I did not know this, but it comes as no surprise to me.... for his countenance and demeanor always made it seem a likely hobby he would enjoy.  He wears vests like I often do as well.

PipeTobacco

6 Comments:

Blogger billy pilgrim said...

i've become a forged in fire fan. god bless the farriers.

Saturday, 25 July, 2020  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I don't know why this post makes me happy, but it kinda does although that is not quite the right word.

Saturday, 25 July, 2020  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

At times I don't get this sibling thing. My mom was middle child of 12 and every so often they would get into to it. I'm talk about 50 plus old people.
Now I need bring up...I am only child.

Saturday, 25 July, 2020  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

at 76 I have learned lots of things..one of the most important things I have learned is..if you can not physically change things you do not like or upsets you..with your own hands..fuck it..let it go..

Sunday, 26 July, 2020  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Families! Keep well out of it, stay in the garage.

Monday, 27 July, 2020  
Blogger GaP said...

Ever notice how melodramatic people always manage to suck people into their histrionics? It's like a black hole singularity.

My better half likes FORGED IN FIRE so I've seen a few episodes here and there.

Monday, 27 July, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home