The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Yogurt....


I remember the first time I ate yogurt back in the 1970s.... to me back then, it seemed really weird and exotic.  Hah.  I have been eating it daily for at least 25 years now. 

But, one thing I have realized.... back when I first tried the stuff.... I would eat it, though I admit it was not initially my "favorite" food... initially it tasted "odd" to me, and it sure as hell seemed like it had to be "healthy" because otherwise no one would willingly eat it.  :) 

But, now-a-days.... my daily serving of fat-free, no sugar added Greek yogurt... feels actually quite decadent to me... it feels like I am eating a desert at breakfast.  It is probably the sweetest tasting thing I have on a given day... unless I do splurge and have an actual desert of some sort in the evening or at a gathering/party. 

PipeTobacco

5 Comments:

Blogger Tom Cochrun said...

Your post sparked a memory of my first taste of Yogurt.
1967 and a company had begun a series of commercials introducing the product from Switzerland. My roomate and fraternity brother brought some home. I remember thinking this was going to be like "ice cream only healthy!" First bite was a shock. It was sour, and nothing I had on my palate memory.
It took a few years before I acquired a taste. Now it is part of my daily intake, though I've switched to goat yogurt which is, ironically, full circle to that unsweet first taste.

Thursday, 23 July, 2020  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I have never been able to truly appreciate yogurt.

Friday, 24 July, 2020  
Blogger JanF said...

Yesterday I came across a recipe for bread rolls with only Greek yogurt and flour ( plus a tad of salt) as ingredients.
Wonder if you would enjoy trying that?

Saturday, 25 July, 2020  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

That does sound interesting! Is there a link you can share?

PipeTobacco

Saturday, 25 July, 2020  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

I've never got over that odd slightly off taste to yogurt. It sounds so lovely but then I taste it and 'yuck'.

Monday, 27 July, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home