The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Capuchins


 

Recently, I became aware that a Capuchin group whose chapel I was able to attend Mass at during one of my research trips has, during the Covid-19 pandemic, started to live-stream their daily Mass online.  For me this has been wonderful news, as I greatly admiried and appriciated being able to attend mass at their Chapel when I did so.  I have began to watch their daily Masses (a day late, as I watch at ~5:30am) while I run on the treadmill).  The order and its goals and work greatly appeals to me. 

Today there are seven regional jurisdictions of Capuchins in the United States. They are usually found in the poorer sections of towns and cities, and  the Capuchins have as their mission the effort of  working amongst the poor and in taking roles which others often refuse. Capuchins can be found working in soup kitchens and homeless shelters, serving as hospital chaplains or prison ministers, confessors and spiritual directors. Capuchins can also be found in some of the city’s poorest parishes.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Capuchins sound mighty fine. When I retire I like to give to my community.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Sunday, 24 January, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home