The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, January 22, 2021

Stomp

 Yesterday, with my anxiety levels up, I was really trying to figure out ways to dissipate my stress.  In the early morning (around 5:30am) I ended up running a bit more than usual and ran a full 10 miles (16.1km) on the damn treadmill.  As my post yesterday around lunch showed.... it didn't really do much good to alleviate my stress.  

So, then late in the afternoon, with a surprising "heat wave" where temperatures were a degree or so above freezing, I saw that the trail appeared to be clear.  So, I decided to try to pound out some more of my stress, and ran 5 additional miles (~8km) outside.  Being outside, and running outside seemed to help a little more than it had in the morning on the treadmill.   

By the way... the image I used today is of a fellow from the theatrical production, "Stomp".  As I was on the treadmill THIS morning (only 9 miles (14.5km) this morning) I was thinking about that group.  I have seen performances by the traveling group three times over the years.  Always wonderful, entertaining, and actually thought provoking.  It had me thinking how much I miss performances, plays, symphonic orchestras, musicals, and movies.  I am hoping that all of the above can return relatively swiftly once the minimum needed percentage of folks get vaccinated occurs.  

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Forsythia said...

I read about your Covid anxieties in the post your wrote yesterday. I hope your state straightens things out for all of you soon. In Maryland, "second tier" people (elderly) were eligible to register on Jan 18th. My husband and I (he is 81 and I am 80, with a chronic lung disease) received our first shots yesterday. Today, I am tired, with a sore arm, but very grateful. Hoping that it soon becomes as easy for everyone as it was for us.

Friday, 22 January, 2021  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

My wife wold probably love that show. I might too, but I know that she would.

Friday, 22 January, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home