The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Mind Elsewhere


 

I find that even though I am in face-to-face teaching today (Wednesday), my mind is quite "elsewhere".  I do admit to feeling a bit tired as well, since I ran 13.3 miles yesterday, shoveled snow for about 4 hours total over the last two days and also pushed through my 9 miles (9.3 miles actually) this morning on the treadmill starting at 4:30am.  

I should be "gearing up" and getting excited about the face-to-face.  But, the idea of the upcoming 4.5 hours of talking professorially clear and loud through double masks feels daunting and unexciting in my mind today.  

It was -7 degrees Fahrenheit (-22 degrees Celsius) this morning.  My dog was not as interested in frolicking this morning while she did her "duty".  In fact, she was walking around on the cleared path rather gingerly and mincingly and was quickly returning to me to go back inside.  My rusty yet trusty truck seemed to groan in protest as I nudged it along the roadways on my way to the U. 

I have thoughts. I have passions. I have hopes.  I have desires.  I have dreams.  Yet, I am destined to just be an automatron.  Even here, I sometimes feel I talk too much about the inner workings of my mind.  I should probably just shut up, keep my nose to the grindstone, and just do what is expected of me.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

you are a good man...and I like and enjoy you.

Wednesday, 17 February, 2021  
Blogger Tom Cochrun said...

You may have discovered the name of the hulking Automotron
Rusty but Trusty.

Wednesday, 17 February, 2021  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You certainly keep busy.

Thursday, 18 February, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home