The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, April 08, 2021

Grumpy Grading

(PCS = 9)

I am tired, feeling grumpy and out of sorts.  The two “highlights” of my day were two online meetings.  The rest of the day was spent grading.  Electronic grading is actually far more than annoying compared with paper grading, so I have a pretty damn good headache.  

I ran 9.4 exhausting miles at 6:30am.  But I was determined to get them over with during the part of the day that was predicted to be dry and lowest wind (~ 8mph, ~13kph) of the day.  

Normal “big grade” days would be filled with shuffling paper, lots of flourishes with a vivid, red pen, lots of beautifully aromatic pipes, and the thought of a few beers with my father-in-law on the  Friday afternoon following “big grade day” .

None of that now.  

PipeTobacco 

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I have also felt a bit tired and cranky lately and being impatient with stupid people.

Now, for the important question: do you treat your beard in any way? You can email me if you like. It's available. Or just comment in the usual way.

Friday, 09 April, 2021  
Blogger Pat M. said...

You've mentioned graduate students in the past. Could you delegate to a good graduate student or two some significant part of the chore of grading undergraduate exams? If your chore, then, were simply to double-check the students' grading, or to do just the more complex and subjective aspects of the grading, perhaps this would leave you with more time to enjoy that pleasant "ghost taste" stirring memories of the pipes that helped you get through previous grading sessions.

Friday, 09 April, 2021  
Blogger Forsythia said...

Sorry that "Big Grade" day has become a big. annoying chore.

Saturday, 10 April, 2021  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

the sun is out in Texas..I had my second shot, so I'm a happy old lady.

Saturday, 10 April, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home