The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Actions


 

Very fortunately and happily my dog went through surgery well.  She ended up, however, receiving far more stitches than anticipated.  Initially, the Veterinarian had recognized three spots that she is thinking are sebaceous cysts (harmless, benign).  She had anticipated each one would need a single stitch for closure after removal.  But, then she called during surgical prep and said that she had found two more.  But the thing was the position of the additional two was a bit more complicated, and so in total, for the FIVE spots, my dog ended up with 12 total stitches.  Her teeth cleaning went exceptionally well.  Her teeth are strong, complete, no chips or broken edges, no needed extractions, and now.... no tartar either!  

The Veterinarian has prescribed us to give our dog 1/2 of a pain table, twice a day for five days  So, fortunately there has been no visible/audible signs of discomfort for her either. In fact, she has been trying to be her fully active (sometimes hyperactive) self this morning.  I am trying my best to have her be calmer at least for a day or two more.  

At work, I have no final exam to give today (the only day this week that I do not have a final exam).  This fortunately allows me to work from home today to be near the dog.  So, I am cyborging away, grading, and preparing final versions of abstracts... and MAYBE working on a bit of prep for next semester.  

Pat had asked yesterday if my dog ever reacted in any particular way to my pipes.  No, she never really showed any positive nor negative response.  She has always been a little "frazzle-headed" and her attention typically changes nearly 100 times a minute it seems.  However, long ago, back when I was in graduate school.... I had a cat and he was fascinated when I would blow smoke rings while I was smoking my pipe.  If I produced a smoke ring, he would watch it float around, and would reach up his paw and try to grab at it.... presumably because he thought it was a toy or something to capture.  His grabbing at it would cause the ring to dissipate and he would look quizzically around wondering where it was.  He would do this so reliably, I would show friends his "trick" when they would stop by.   Our current feline never paid any attention to my pipes either, just like our dog.  

PipeTobacco 

4 Comments:

Blogger Tom Cochrun said...

I was pleased to read that your dog cleared surgery well.

Tuesday, 14 December, 2021  
Blogger Margaret said...

Glad to hear about your dog's successful surgery. Cats are weird. I love mine, but she has a personality disorder.

Tuesday, 14 December, 2021  
Blogger jenny_o said...

I'm glad your dog came through surgery well. Our pets become very dear to us.

Thursday, 16 December, 2021  
Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

Our animals are so special. They are like our children. People who do not feel an obligation to maintaining their animals health shouldn't have them.
Hope your dog recovers well.
the Ol'Buzzard

Thursday, 16 December, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home