The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, November 29, 2021

Short Post

 More tomorrow…….

Briefly, however:

1.  Thanksgiving weekend was rather exhausting in some hard and some very busy ways.  

2.  Today became chaos as I was set to give students an exam.  Unfortunately, the exam was not correctly photocopied and well over half of the exams were exams for a different course of mine.  I had to cancel the exam and give a lecture instead (after passing out the exam) off the top of my head without any writing utensils, no pointer, no microphone and no PowerPoint.  I was completely across campus from my office in the big lecture hall.  I ran to a nearby office and begged them to loan me a dry erase marker, and did what I could drawing things out “old school” style.  My voice was quite tired from having to shout through the mask.  

PipeTobacco 

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It seems like you awe pretty good at whinging it.

Monday, 29 November, 2021  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

That sounds like a nightmare but the 'unusual' lecture may have perked up students' interest even more than normally.

Tuesday, 30 November, 2021  
Blogger Pat M. said...

In this age of PowerPoint and screens, I would not be surprised if your "old school" lecture caught the attention of at least a few students in a new and deeper way than was possible with all the other fancy technologies that put more distance between the student's ears and the professor's words. Some student(s) may as of today be a bit more excited about your subject and your field. Good work, Professor! And great resourcefulness!

Tuesday, 30 November, 2021  
Blogger Margaret said...

Amazing adaption to unexpected circumstances! Great job at winging it indeed. I remember a few "creative" lessons when we had power outages.

Tuesday, 30 November, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home