The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, December 10, 2021

Play


 

My wife and I are set to travel about an hour away this evening to watch a play.  We are both looking forward to it greatly.  Even with having to be fully masked the entire time, it will feel wonderful to go.  I do have to admit that I also feel a bit of nervousness though, about being INSIDE the building to watch this play.  I am fully vaccinated, and have had my booster, and I will be wearing a mask.... so I *should* hopefully be ok.  My wife is (of course) similarly vaccinated so she *should* also hopefully be ok.  I worry about my wife's chronic health conditions, however.  They add an additional layer of worry about Covid. 

When we have gone to this venue pre-Covid, they would serve wine and beer from the concessions as well as a variety of treats.  I am not sure if they will have anything this evening, and I am not sure if I would feel comfortable in removing my mask INSIDE to consume anything.  But, a beer or two or a glass of wine or two does sound very pleasant.  Perhaps I could drink a drink or two outside during intermission or some such thing.... if I want to stand out in the frigidness.  

Regardless, it should be a good evening.  

I am curious... if I have a drink or two, I am fairly certain it will help me feel even more inclined to want to smoke a pipe.  Since I do not plan to carry a pipe to the play, there is no "fork-in-the-road" decision making required.  But, if I still have a bit of the "spirits" coursing through my veins, I may still have that increased inclination when we get back home.  Perhaps I should, if I drink at all, limit myself to one drink.  I would likely have metabolized completely through the alcohol of a single drink prior to returning home.   

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Going to a play sounds wonderful, in spite of the mask wearing. You're being as safe as possible while still getting out and doing a few normal activities. It's hard to know what is acceptable risk these days. Have the beer/wine! It's a special treat and occasion.

Friday, 10 December, 2021  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I wouldn't be comfortable in that theatre at this time unless, maybe, they also have social distancing. Even then, I would probably steer clear. Not saying you should though.

Friday, 10 December, 2021  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

It been ages since I been to a play. I did drama in high school.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Friday, 10 December, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home