The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Drifting Snow

My mind feels akin to the drifting snow outside.... no focus, no destination, no real thoughts or purpose.  My mind feels rather sketchy and scattered.

But, still I continue.  I have...

  • Ran 11.1 miles this morning.
  • Finalized two of four syllabi for next semester.
  • Worked through e-mail.

I had my breakfast all set out on my desk in my office.  The usual fare.... high fiber cereal, a hard boiled egg, a bowl of fruit, a banana, yogurt, one toast, and three healthy cookies (the "cookies" I like made just from oatmeal, banana and flavoring).  Well, I had my back turned away from my desk just for a minute, and my dog snuck over and ate my toast and one of my healthy cookies.  She has been feeling very well since her surgery. Tomorrow she goes back to have her stitches removed.  

I have been letting my mind wander freely in regards to pipes and pipe smoking.  No dreams still at night, but I have been living in daydream memories of past experiences and past visits to pipe shops.  I have been opening briefly multiple different pouches of pipe tobacco leaf, and just enjoying their aroma.  I miss them.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat M. said...

Cloudy, by Simon and Garfunkel

Tuesday, 28 December, 2021  
Blogger Margaret said...

I can't leave certain things unattended because of my cat. She's a great jumper and loves food that a cat shouldn't. Cookies?

Tuesday, 28 December, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home