The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, November 19, 2021

Worry & Fret


  • I am trying to stay focused on class work and on working through writing questions to compile for the final examinations coming up in a few weeks.  
  • I am working on the two research applications for the Research Review Board.  I would *like* to try to submit them both today, although that may only be a pipe dream.
  • There is a nationally known saxophonist who has been invited to campus by the Music Department and is providing a technique workshop for music majors this afternoon.  I talked to one of my friends/colleagues in the Music Department and was given the "ok" to also attend this workshop (because I like to play saxophone).
 
  • I ran 10.3 miles this morning.  
  • I listened to Thursday's Capuchin Monastery Morning Mass.   
 
  • But, mostly, I have been feeling worry and have been fretting about the upcoming appointment for my dog late this afternoon. I hope it will turn out well.  
 
  • Also, even though I have STILL not had any dreams that I have remembered in several weeks, and that of course also means no pipe related dreams in these same several weeks.  Within a few minutes of awakening, I did find that I am having significant cravings for smoking my pipe.  It has been a bit of time since I felt the sort of yearning/craving desire to smoke my pipes.  I do not mean I was lacking an INTEREST in smoking my pipes, as that is something I have perpetually.  But, it has been a few days since I had the appreciable yearning/craving type of desire.  In terms of my PCS (Pipe Craving Score) that I sometimes use to indicate the intensity of the cravings, it would be around a "7" today.   

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I hope that the vet appointment goes well.

Friday, 19 November, 2021  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I bet you enjoy saxophonist.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Saturday, 20 November, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home