The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, January 03, 2022

My Mind's Eye

 

I have been trying to keep busy with getting things ready for the start of the new semester.  But, the task is easier said than done at the moment.  My mind has been drifting like a unanchored sailboat..... going wherever the winds guide me.  

Through this effort to stay focused, my mind's eye's primary thoughts and imagery have been:

1.  Food.  I ended up eating my breakfast and lunch all before 9am here at the U.  I feel I could eat a horse.... at least perhaps if it were doused in curry.  

2.  Pipes.  I misplaced one of the pipes I was carrying around last week in my pocket.  It has me feeling edgy.

3.  Bite Guards.  In a similar vein, I realize that I have misplaced one of my bite guards, the one that I typically wear during the day while working in my office at the U.  This too has me feeling edgy.  

As I was running this morning, I was again watching/listening to Mass from the Capuchin Monestary, and I started thinking again about Fr. Keith.  He was the pipe smoking Capuchin who had visited my parish several times during the illness of our priest (others in that long stretch included the wonderful Fr. Dave and Fr. Dan).  But I was thinking of Fr. Keith today, and was thinking I need to write to him again.  

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

It sets my nerves on edge when I can't find something.

Monday, 03 January, 2022  
Blogger Pat M. said...

I misplaced one of the pipes I was carrying around last week in my pocket.

Did you check between your teeth, Professor! :-)

Monday, 03 January, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I haven't heard what our unis are doing but our schools have been delayed by two weeks (at least) due to the pandemic.

Monday, 03 January, 2022  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Classes at U?
Coffee is on and stay safe

Monday, 03 January, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home