The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, March 18, 2022

Still Struggling

I am making *slow* , but consistent progress towards getting back into a routine.  I wish I could get it to occur more rapidly, however.  

  • I still have 8 miles to run to hit 55 miles this week.  I am thinking the weather will be acceptable tomorrow to be safe in running outside. It should be roughly 35 degrees (~1.6 C) tomorrow morning when I will try to run.  
  • I have caught up in everything in 3 of my 5 classes.  The fourth class should be relatively simple to catch up on, but the fifth one needs a whole helluva lot of work and effort.  That class is unfortunately keeping my stress levels high.
  • I wrote upcoming exams that are needed for 2 of the 3 classes that need an exam soon.  The third class's exam is for the troublesome class in the bullet above.  

I hate not recalling any of my dreams these last few months. I wish I could figure a way out to fix that.  I am hoping I can RELAX a little bit by later this afternoon because my wife and I had PLANS to go to a concert (a trio of piano, brass, and woodwind).  I am hoping my wife will still want to go, and I am also hoping that I can shake off the stress I feel so that I can enjoy the concert.  I have contemplated drinking a shot of whisky or perhaps a glass of wine (I *think* we have both of them in the house somewhere, I do not think we have any beer, or that would be another option.) before going to the concert to help me in my effort to relax.  But, I am not sure if that feels like a legitimate action for me to take.  

In a rather sadly ironic way, all the stress at the moment has prevented me from having much, if any, time to daydream about my pipes and pipe tobaccos.  Even when I go to bed at night, I have not been reading and fall asleep immediately without time to even daydream then.   I miss daydreaming about them in ways similar to my missing smoking them.The physiological stress I am feeling currently is NOT something I would want anyone to experience long term.  I must find a way back to a centered life.   

PipeTobacco

6 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

A centered life does sound good. I feel like I haven't had one since the pandemic started. My lovely little routines have been completely disrupted ad I can't seem to get them back.

Friday, 18 March, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I don’t drink whiskey or beer, but I did have a shot of Bushmill today along with some Guinness. The drinkers thought the whiskey was incredibly smooth, but it just about brought me to tears. 😀

Friday, 18 March, 2022  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

In my naive knowledge of alcohols…. I always have equated Guinness as beer…. but to the knowledgeable I guess that is sacrilege. I ended up only imagining drinking any alcoholic beverage, as usual.

Friday, 18 March, 2022  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Sorry about all the stress. I tap or if your interest it called E.M.D.R. It has help me. Gee last Friday evening after work I sure had to tap.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Saturday, 19 March, 2022  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

do you think you might need to talk to someone? and not just us..

Saturday, 19 March, 2022  
Blogger Forsythia said...

Seems to me that routines should help with centering. I think you'll find your way back.

Sunday, 20 March, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home