The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

This & That

 Not much to say:

  • 11.1 miles this morning.
  • Two Capuchin Masses
  • My wife has another late night (till 7:30 this time), so I am "baching" it again. (sigh)
  • No luck so far in finding my Ukrainian friend's e-mail.
  • We had freezing rain overnight and they should have closed the U but did not.  I would have liked to stay in bed.
  • I will probably just work until 7:30 here at the U before I head home.  Three hours of "big voice" lecturing and the rest of the day "cyborging" I guess.  
  • Late February and early March are the hardest times of the year to get through it seems to me.  And, I think this is both emotionally and physically.  So many, many deaths in my family have occurred during this time frame.  Off the top of my head, I can think of the following deaths that occurred in March... my Dad, three of my uncles, my Mom, three aunts, my Master's Degree Mentor, My Doctoral Degree Mentor, and at least two cousins. There may be some I am forgetting at the moment as well.  
  • I do not understand the reasons for the CONTINUING "chip shortage" that is making used vehicles cost more than often when they were new.  Virtually every other commodity has returned to normal production... yet, new vehicles are scantly available and people pay nearly new prices for vehicles 4 and 5 years old now.  

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

My dad died last March so it will feel very sad and strange to mark his passing. I miss him every day.

Tuesday, 22 February, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

My opinion is that those/these times are difficult at our interior latitude no matter what else has transpired.

Tuesday, 22 February, 2022  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I'm sorry you've had so many deaths to deal with. is Blogfodder one of your readers? he lives in Ukraine and gives up to date. HIs last post scares me.

Tuesday, 22 February, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home