The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, April 04, 2022

Crawling Back

It has been a very two weeks in my household and in my own mind.  I am feeling emotionally better, however, and will be trying to describe the various events that have transpired.  

However, NOTHING that has happened in the last two weeks has been catastrophic.  The last two weeks, however, have been filled with a lot of hard stresses..... similar ones to my usual.... but some additional ones as well...... but..... having ALL of these HARD stresses ALL occur simultaneously was almost too much to bare.  A variety of things "had to give" in my life during the last two weeks.  I will attempt to flesh out the details on Tuesday or Wednesday.  

The feeling was akin to being placed in a trash compactor (Do they even sell those things anymore for home use?  They used to be so "trendy" and popular for "luxurious" home kitchens in the 1970s.) and having me be the trash and being squeezed into a disproportionately small size.  

I have found my way THROUGH the hardships, I believe, and may have even learned a thing or two about myself and how I need to grow and develop.  I also see some things I need to change in myself.

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Pat M. said...

It's good to hear from you, Professor!

A cousin of mine installed a trash compactor as part of a kitchen renovation two years ago. Long story short, it is probably more bother than it is worth, and the space it takes up would probably serve better as extra storage space.

With Easter approaching, I'm sure you have already pondered the point that Christians are supposed to feel small in the presence of God. If the last two weeks have been humbling for you, surely you can leverage that into a sense of growth and not just being crushed. It sounds as though you've already started to do that.

Please be kind to yourself, and patient with yourself, as you bounce back from your time of such extreme stress. I'm sure many of us are looking forward to hearing more from you, but please don't rush yourself; give yourself all the time you need for reflection and rest and "downtime" as you readjust. Be well, kind sir!

Monday, 04 April, 2022  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

That sounds ore upbeat. Glad you survived your dark time and maybe even benefitted from it.

Monday, 04 April, 2022  
Blogger Margaret said...

It sounds like you've met the stresses and gotten through them. I'm glad you're back. I've been concerned.

Monday, 04 April, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You’ve actually lay been through a long stretch, not just two weeks. But I get that it has been that long since you posted.

Monday, 04 April, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home