The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, June 07, 2022

Wrong Side of the Bed...


 

I am attributing my mood to the "getting up on the wrong side of the bed" sort of thing this morning.  I feel sad and out-of-sorts.  I do not think I slept particularly well last night, for I awoke tired.  But, there is really nothing I can attribute it to..... no TMJ issues, no unusual worries.  I had the same AMOUNT of sleep like usual.... around 6 hours.

Although the LAST THING I wanted to do this morning was go running, I forced myself out of bed.  It was raining, but it was in the low 60s outside ( ~15 C) so that didn't really matter.  With my early start for lecture today, and a later than start time (~5:30am), I ended up only putting in 6.2 miles (10 km).  This means I will have to do a helluva lot of work TOMORROW to try to keep on track for my weekly goal in miles.  

I do not know of anything I could/can do to get me out of this mood.  All I know to do is to simply keep pushing, keep trudging through the day, doing what I need to do, and hopefully the mood will eventually lift. 

PipeTobacco 

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat M. said...

Maybe your time interviewing potential student research assistants will perk you up? With all the negativity around you, it must be encouraging to find students eager to sign on to your payroll and gain research experience.

Tuesday, 07 June, 2022  
Blogger Margaret said...

Moods are usually transitory and I've found that we have to go with them and know that they will dissipate. Hope your sadness doesn't last long!

Tuesday, 07 June, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home