The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Tired


I was feeling VERY tired this morning, and with the rain that was falling, the stronger than desired winds, and the 48 degree temperature (9 C), I did NOT get up to run.  The fellows face in the image above speaks to me of the tiredness I feel.  And yet, my lackluster laziness is bound to be my downfall in life.  My loutish lack of getting up when I damn well knew I should now is biting me in the posterior hindquarters..... because I NOW have to figure out WHEN to get the miles in after work.  This.... having the miles unaccomplished... makes me feel tired also. 

We had, and I had to run, the Parish Council meeting yesterday evening.  The meeting itself was ok.  It was nice to see folks.  We discussed some minor renovations we are hoping to create a fund for in our parish. Much of it relates to maintenance work on the more than 100-year old stained glass windows, but there are some other facets of renovation as well.   The struggle I had yesterday though, was that the meeting STARTED late in the day (7:30pm), and by that time of the evening, the last thing I feel "enthused" about doing is having a meeting.  I had not gotten to eat dinner either, so I was hungry, and  foolishly ate two (very tasty) but really unhealthy cookies at the meeting.  I did not get home until 9:30, and was feeling ornery, hungry, and exhausted.  

My "Unknown" commenter friend, yesterday asked me "Wouldn't it be wasteful to order the intriguing new blend and let it sit unused?" in reference to my contemplating ordering the beautiful sounding pipe tobacco blend that had a mixture of Zimbabwean and from Malawian pipe tobaccos and fruit essences.  

I guess, the simple answer to my friend is..... unfortunately.... YES.  It would be wasteful.  That is in part why I hem-and-haw about the IDEA of purchasing a few ounces.  I keep imagining I would love to smell the pipe tobacco in the pouch.  But, truthfully, that is rather wasteful.  I would love to smoke this blend, actually.  But, I am not really sure of my resolve and ability to rejoin the beloved pursuit in an appropriate fashion either.    

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger MRMacrum said...

How you enjoy your tobacco is not wasteful if smelling it is what you want.

And what's with the guilt trip about not running? Take it easy on yourself.

You asked me if I am still involved in writing challenges. I am, but not as often as I used to. I can send some links.

I had hoped to just email them and some other comments to you. Apparently you have not provided a link other than the comment box. If you feel comfortable enough to use email, go to my profile on my blog(Right side-scroll down). There is an email link there. Send me one and I will reciprocate. We have known each other a long time via the internet. I would love to be able to contact you in private.

Anyway, consider it and let me know.

Friday, 20 May, 2022  
Blogger The Blog Fodder said...

You have my sympathy or is it empathy?
Without my dog to make me go for walks, I tend to sit at my computer all day. It has been a cold spring here which is no incentive to walk either. Maybe I need to invest in a Fitbit so I have something to measure.

Saturday, 21 May, 2022  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm not as active as I was and feel guilty about it. I think your mileage is amazing! You are Iron Man or have the knees, ankles and feet of one anyway. :)

Monday, 23 May, 2022  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

I love the bible studies at Zac's but every time I think, Oh no, I have to go out in he evening! I get home past my bedtime!

Tuesday, 24 May, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home