The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

ZOTZ


 

One of my kids gave me a jar filled with Zotz candy for Father's Day.  This candy is one I remember from the late 1960s and early 1970s that I always found fun.  It is basically a hard, fruit-flavored candy with a center that contains a powder than when moistened (by saliva) becomes "fizzy".    It was a perfect candy of the time.  

I had not really seen the candy for decades, except an OCCASIONAL (rare) sighting in the odd, specialty candy shops in major cities.  My kids have heard me talk about Zotz fairly often.  

  • I was tired and achy this morning, and feeling the pressure to get paperwork accomplished, so I did not run, but instead went to the U very early.  
  • This now means I need to run, and I am going to go to the track at the U and do so just as soon as I am done here. I am going to attempt somewhere between 10 - 15 miles, if I can maintain the energy doing all the damn circles. 
  • Another part of the reason I did not want to run outside this morning was that the air quality seemed suspiciously smoky and hazy.... although I have not heard much about the Canadian wildfires affecting us recently. 
  • In my mind, I kept rethinking about the snippet of video of me smoking my pipe in a much younger time that I saw yesterday, and especially did so as I was heading off to sleep.  It was such a fun surprise to see and view.  I did not mention it yesterday, but also in this video, I was pleased to see on my desk at that time, a big, beautiful, one-pound canister of Sir Walter Raleigh pipe tobacco.  In my office, it was one of my favorites of that time. Hell, it has always been a favorite of mine for "regular" pipe tobacco as was also Prince Albert.  Not that I did not like "fancier" types of pipe tobacco as well..... in reality, I do not think there was ever a pipe tobacco I did not enjoy!
PipeTobacco 

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I remember those! Orange was a particular favorite of mine. You sound like you are longing for your pipes.

Wednesday, 21 June, 2023  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I hope you have zotz of fun.

Thursday, 22 June, 2023  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home