The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Tuesday is a bit better. Life is not so dull and uninspiried. My beautiful briar pipe is still a wonderful source of comfort to me, but I have caught a glimpse of happier times as well. I am hopeful that life is on the upswing.

My lovely pipe was far more enjoyable a pursuit today in my office/laboratory than the work I *planned* and *should* have done in preperation for next semester. I did not accomplish much other than to look a bit at updating my syllabi. At this rate I will start the semester in a hurried, unprepared state. Yet, today, exploring the nuances of my new Christmas pipe proved more interesting. The beast is very large-bowled and this cavernous bowl, having been virginal until my deflowering of her held an enormous quantity of leaf. For the inaugural effort I chose a very heavy burley leaf that is especially pleasing for the rather sharp kick in the head it provides. Nurturing flame into leaf was, as always, a magical moment. The peace and tranquility that ensued was soothing to my mind, body and soul.

Perhaps tommorrow I shall be more responsible about work. It is my holiday as well, so I suppose I can get away with a bit of lax behavior. I think I shall now go to the barber to get a haircut and a beard and moustache trim in case I wish to look a bit spruced up for a New Year's celebration.

Pipe Tobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home