The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, January 03, 2004

Saturday morning, a steamy-hot mug of coffee (actually an old tin cup from camping) and a beautifully warm bowl of vanilla-tinctured burley leaf in my pipe. A wonderful way to start the day.

Friday was much better than expected. I did get on track and accomplished most of what I had earmarked for the day. I was able to break out of the feelings of inadequacy and "uncoolness" all day, but it was not a full test as it was a day where I did not meet many people... even the gym where I work out at was devoid of people.

As I sit here sipping my coffee and nurturing my pipe, I cannot help but believe that there is *hope* that every day can be as good or nearly as good as yesterday. Life *is* a wonderful gift..... but it would *feel* like the gift that it is if the serenity, continuity, and consistency of yesterday were able to happen more and more frequently.

Today's goals are to finish more work at the office (preparing lectures, writing syllabi, writing letters), to work out, to spend some time in the library looking for new research articles, and hopefully going "mit die vife und kinder" to the local museum this afternoon.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home