The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Three things that have made me feel content and happy this morning:

1. My pipe.... it has vigorously stimulated the regions of the hypothalamus in my brain with the pleasant surge of nicotine. My body feels both awake and relaxed and my spirit is renewed

2. My cereal.... as is my routine, I eat cold cereal and fruit for breakfast every day. As is also part of my routine, I like to pour the milk onto my cereal and let it sit for about 1/2 hour so the cereal is soggy. My cereal is so comforting and filling to my body and spirit.

3. My large mug of strong coffee.... that beautiful mug of coffee, its caffeine stimulating the cortex of my brain to become more alert. My body and spirit are uplifted.

The murky bitterness of the coffee augments the soggy sweetness of the cereal and the smoky etherealness of my pipe to create the perfect triad of a morning ritual.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home