The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, July 19, 2004

Life is often very hard.

During the past week, several members of my family have become seriously ill and many of them have required hospitalization. I am physically, mentally, and especially emotionally spent.

An analogy.... in this case LIFE is represented by a large, muscular, burly fellow who is wearing heavy, "clod-hopper" style work boots. I, on the other hand, am a despised insect akin to Kafka's "The Metamorphosis".

The way LIFE is treating me is much like that burly fellow stomping on my insect body and grinding me to an unrecognizable pulp under his heel.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home