The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Hello Friends:

As an educator, it is disturbing when you find that people misunderstand you. In regards to the individual of whom I discussed below, this person seems to believe that I am some "spammer" fellow he had previously had to deal with. Unfortunately, that misunderstanding seems to be at the root of his rancor towards me. In case this individual reads this message, I am not the "spammer" person you speak of. I am planning to simply continue with my kind, well-intentioned, and friendly comments to him on his blog in a belief that he will eventually realize I am a person who is interested in his writings and simply comment like others. Hopefully, over time, he will come to see that there was a misunderstanding and that he assumed incorrectly that I am some previous "spammer" type he had trouble with earlier.

Onto other matters.... I am not sure if I am technologically inept on some items or if they are simply too damn hard and glitchy to use. The item I am speaking of is the CD-RW disk. I am reasonably well versed in computer technology and have used a writable CD drive for several years. However, I have never been able to successfully use the REUSABLE version of CD, the CD-RW. I have, in an effort to transport some large files, had to use a CD-R (one time use only) and then throw it away after making edits on another machine. It seems so wasteful. But, when I try to use the CD-RW, it a) either does not work, b) is somehow incompatable with the other machine(s) that I use, or c) it seems to get "stuck" making the CD-RW.... taking more than 15-20 minutes to write onto the disk.

I simply do not understand why the CD-RW technology is so seemingly beyond my understanding. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated!

PipeTobacco


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home