The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, August 12, 2004

I am feeling a bit better today than I have in a fair amount of time. After receiving a rather harsh "slap in the face" from my wife the other day, I had been feeling even lower than dirt. She said something that was not meant by her to hurt or demean me, but unfortunately did so very badly. For a few days I felt empty or hollow inside. But, this morning, the two of us were able to finish talking through the situation, and I now feel she understands why her words hurt me so. After our talk, I had 3 large mugs of very strong coffee and three pipes and am feeling quite content.

Fortunately, also, the family medical crises have stayed at a homeostatic norm.... at least for the moment. I am hoping and praying that they continue to stay stable.

Sometimes I miss how I feel when I am extremely joyous and happy. I miss that feeling of accomplishing creative and helpful things for my family, my friends, my society. However, today, I am more than content to simply feel average. It is such a relief.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home