The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, November 07, 2004



Intermediate Steps of Time

I still fluctuate between being sad and being calm and resigned about the election. Today I am fortunately in the mood where I see it as something I should view outside of my own realm of reality. I will never meet the president, I will never have any direct impact on anything he does, and only to a limited extent will the crap that he does during the next four years impact me DIRECTLY. Of course, his actions will shape and develop the mood of the populace of our nation and world, but again, that is not anything I can ever hope to have affect on. So, to me, the election was simply a waste of my time, and as is often the case, politicians are fairly useless and rather suspect creatures again. My own difference in the world shall come from within myself and my impact shall be in my local/regional arena.

The first installment of the "comedic" novel, "The Grates of Rat" has been posted for those who may be interested. I have a significantly larger portion written, but there are a few kinks to be worked out prior to posting. I hope this first portion whets your appetite for more and that you may return to the continuing saga.

I hope that all is well with all of you, and that you may choose to leave a plethora of comments. I feel comment deprived and rather isolated as of late since my past several essays have had few if any comments.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home