The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004



A Damn Awful Day Indeed

Although the election is still theoretically undecided, all the indicators suggest that the idiotic people (those that voted for Bush) in Ohio and Florida have given us FOUR more horrid years of George W. Bush. I cannot understand or fathom how any thinking person could select 'ole Georgie over John Kerry. It is a sad day, indeed.

To quell my frustration and my saddness, I have decided to park myself at "The Pit" across the street from campus (two doors down from Taco Bell) after I finish my classes today at 11:30. I shall spend the afternoon drowning my sorrows with beer (boilermakers actually). For any of my local student readers, please feel free to stop by and I'll buy you a beer if you are 21 or older or buy you a soft drink if you are younger. Just look for the furry-faced fellow with his pipe who is crying in his beer in the back of the building.

I am glad I brought my strongest, harshest pipe tobacco, Balkan Sobranie, with me today. It should help the alcohol to fragment the bad taste in my mouth from these elections. Here is an important quote I shall be contemplating as I befuddle my mind to try to erase the memory of the turn of events of this election:

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home