The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, January 10, 2005





Hello Friends:

I (like the "Grumpy Old Man" [GOM]), am starting the first day of a new semester of university life. However, unlike GOM, I am not staring down into the barrel of the rifle, but instead I am behind the stock of the gun, gazing along the barrel to spy game in my sights. Both positions in reference to the rifle are (of course) valuable, yet my position is more comfortable for me. But, believe me when I tell you that I *do* remember that gnawing feeling of uncertainty all too well.

As a professor for many, many years, I have come to enjoy the ability to start fresh and new a few times each year. In some ways it is akin to being forgiven for your prior sins, of which each of us has his/her own to seek atonement for.

Therefore, to all you returning students, I tip my hat to you, and I gently meld flame into the bowl of the rich, nicotinic leaf in celebration of the start of a new effort, a new journey, and a new adventure. Enjoy it! Have fun! Learn!

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home