The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, December 02, 2004



Hello Everyone:

Lately as many of you have noted, my posts have revolved around my feeling of frustration, and feelings of despair about my lackluster mood and feelings of purposelessness. Added to this feeling has been the thoughts of being somewhat of a superfulous character... meaning that perhaps I do not have any inherent purose or worth in my life and you can see that I feel rather depressed. A very good and kind-hearted Internet friend, Phil, has suggested to me that I may wish to read the following book:

The Meaning of Life by Dalai Lama

The paperback style and edition I am ordering can be found here at Amazon.com

I thank Phil for the idea and think I will take him up on his suggestion. Then... I began to think more broadly.... perhaps others might find this an interesting book to read as well. So, here is my suggestion.... if you think this might be an intersting book for you to also read, please let me know. I would like to organize and host a blog-style "book club" where we can on a weekly or bimonthly or monthly basis read and discuss this particular book. If this works out, I'd really like to continue it to other books as well.

Please let me know what you think and if you will participate.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home