The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005


Ignore the Insanity

It is often easy for me to get pulled into the drama of University politics. God knows there is a helluva lot of it at any institution. After being grumpy as hell yesterday (and reporting it in the blog), I have again decided (or to put it better... I have become recognizant of) the Zen-like, philosophical construct I have labeled "Ignore the Insanity!"

I have decided to remove myself as much as is possible from the assinine political bullsh*t that swirls around me, for the reality is that there very little if any impact I can have on the issues because the foolish people involved can neither a) be made to understand logic, nor b) be over-ridden by faculty input. It is not WORTH my time to get upset in this case, even if being upset and frustrated is appropriate, correct, and wholly justified. All that my anger will do is hurt and frustrate me, and diminish the amount of time I have in life for love, friendship, frivolity, and fun.

In the same way, I am thinking about trying the "Ignore the Insanity!" approach when I have the occasional frustrations with a loved one as well. It will be much more difficult with a loved one, but if I can figure out how to incorporate this ideal, it may just prove fruitful.

Therefore.... I am not in the midst of an "IGNORE THE INSANITY" mindset. I feel somewhat better already for it.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home