The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, January 20, 2005


An "Odds & Ends" Free-Association Post

Not too much of an organizational scheme to my writings or even my life today. I am feeling a bit nebulous about the desire to accomplish much if anything at the moment.

What is going on with me? Not much of note... I am not particularly motivated at the moment about my Anatomy & Physiology course nor about my Endocrinology course. I am not *unmotivated* either.... it is simply that I am in a sort of stasis. Things are progressing in both classes at a normal pace and there is not a helluva lot to work on for either one at the moment. The A&P students are already stressed about the enormous amount of anatomy to learn after only the second laboratory session... but that is appropriate as well.

I have been mulling over in my mind the idea of getting immersed again in a more creative endeavor. The three things that come to mind are 1) continue on my sketch of a novel (the Grates of Rat), or 2) reimmerse myself into the passion of photography, or 3) begin and work on a complete gutting and remodling of my den/home office. I am not sure which if any or all are things I wish to rekindle at the moment, however. I simply am contemplating. Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

What is going on with others? Well, there has been some exciting news for several people:

On the GOOD front:

The Grumpy Old Man is now well immersed into his first semester of his return to college. It is a wonderful endeavor he is pursuing and I am very happy and proud for him! He is an exceptionally wise and thoughtful young man and he will be able to accomplish tremendous things in his life and career. Bravo!!!

Plark is on holiday! And it sounds as if it is a fun and froliking adventure. I will be watching closely to read more and more of the details. I admire Plark for his ambition to travel to such places as he has. Again, Bravo!!!

The Homeless Guy is also deep into a new pursuit.... the knitting and selling of scarves (and possibly in the future other knitted products). I am extremely pleased for him and wish him well in his efforts. He is a good fellow and it is my hope that he has tremendous happiness. Bravo!!!

On the LESS GOOD front:

Heather had a rather horrible accident where she received multiple breaks to her arm. Fortunately, after several days of hospitalization and surgery, she has recovered sufficiently to be able to return to work and her day-to-day adventures. Wendy is very admirable for her tremendous spirit and joy in life and for her desire to immerse herself deeply into anything and everything life has to offer. A very admirable young woman!

Wendy (who is Heather's mother) is also having a hard time with a very, very harsh bout with edema that is a byproduct of a chronic condition she is coping with. She is still currently hospitalized, but is improving. Wendy is a very strong, motivated woman and I admire her efforts both in the past and present to create a life for herself and her daughter that is creative, filled with freedom, and filled with caring.

There is a nutshell of my thoughts for today. As I sit here in my office at the University, I am enjoying a bowl of a new winter blend my tobacconist has created. It is rather odd chimera of honey and lemon tinctures infused into a robust mix of burley and cavendish. It is delightful and quite fragrant.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home