The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, August 22, 2005

.
The Internet is Wonderful But...

I am frustrated as hell and would like to wring the neck of the people who run the website http://www.staples.com . Instead of talking with a sales person on the phone, I instead decided to use their on-line ordering system as it seemed easy enough to do.

Well.... IT WAS easy.... but the damn site does not work. It is useless. I placed my first order on Sunday morning. I waited the requisite 15 minutes to check for a confirmation of my order.... NOTHING!!!! I wait one hour and check again..... NOTHING!!!! I call my bank to check if the transaction went through.... IT HAD!!!!! I call back idiot Staples and they say.... oh, do not worry it is ok, it will get cancelled... we have no record of the order. They then suggest that I re-order. Idiotic me, I listen to them AND REORDER!!! And, guess what... the same exact damnable thing happens again!

I am now stuck in a mire of aggrivation and annoyance. I want my order placed (for some updated office equipment for the home office, and I do not want my bank account drained several different times by the fools at Staples, and I do not want them to deliver a duplicate order of six file cabinets!

They are "working on it" at the Staples number I called. We shall see how this pans out.

It really is such bullsh*t.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home