The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

.
Caffeine Machine

A great morning today, and the first day since coming back from the conference that I feel a true sense of routine.

1. I did awaken at my preferred 5:30am.
2. I did start walking by 6:00am, and I walked my 5 miles.
3. I was in the shower, lathered, shaved my neck, and was clothed and in my vehicle by 7:45am enjoying my first pipe of the day.
4. I was in my office before 8:00am planning out the day of writing and research.
5. I had the first (of thus far 5) cups of coffee in hand by 8:05.

It feels good being back into a normal routine. Travel is a joy indeed, but the disruption to your schedule and the way it impinges upon having a routine in your life is something I struggle to overcome as quickly as possible after a journey. This time the "jet-lag" recovery time was longer than usual... almost two weeks.

I wonder why?

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home