The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, November 07, 2005

.
Frustrations With People

It is frustrating to say the least, when people get upset at you. Yet, it is more frustrating when they get upset at you when you DID NOTHING WRONG! Anyone who knows me for any length of time knows that I am very much into routines and predictablility. I tend to behave the same way, given the same situation during a typical day. Thus it should come as no surprise when a set of work related sitauations arise and I behave accordingly that NO ONE SHOULD BE UPSET... unfortunately that is not the case. In this particular situation, which is too complex to try to flesh out here in any meaningful way, a co-worker is upset that I did not immediately take the action she wanted, when she wanted, and how she wanted. Instead, I reacted according to the circumstances, time constraints, and predictable patterns I try to live by. In a nutshell, instead of acting immediately by jumping through the hoops she wanted, I contemplated the situation (which is my manner) for roughly two hours before taking action.

Oh well, I cannot hope to fathom individuals who do not have predictable routines in their lives, nor can I hope to adapt in any meaningful way to those that live life as if on a pinball machine.... being cast about where ever life pushes them.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home