The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, November 28, 2005

.
Warm as Hell, but Festive and Joyful

It was a grand holiday of Thanksgiving here. I had my loving family near, my belly stuffed with ample turkey and all the accoutrements, and the only television that was playing football was easy to avoid (I perhaps should write an essay on why I hate football to help explain). So it was a grand weekend.

In the homefront, I was able to get the entirety of the inside of the home decorated for the holidays, and we have roughly 2/3 of our cards ready for mailing and over 50% of the gifts wrapped. The December 1st goal is still within reach... except.....

Because of an extremely bitter blast of cold and snow from Canada and the Arctic, the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend was bitterly cold and windy and snow-filled (roughly 4 inches). The temperatures were more akin to what we experience in January than around Thanksgiving. Needless to say, I did not get the outdoor lights onto the house and yard. However, the pendulum always swings back, and TODAY we are experiencing a true heatwave for our region for this time of year. Today, the high is anticipated to reach 50 degrees! That is utterly amazing for these parts. I am planning to take advantage of this warmth and place the lights onto the house. My game plan is to sneak out of this place as quickly as I can following my late morning lecture. With any luck, I will be home by noon and I can begin the work.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home