The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

.
Fire and Brimstone

"*&*!!, $@^%%!!!, and $&!"!!" These are the types of words I utter under my breath when I read the type of essay that my baby brother wrote recently in his blog. I love my brother dearly, but sometimes I do not understand these "moods" he drifts into. What the hell does he expect out of life.... infinity? I think he spends far too much time thinking about our passing and not nearly enough time about living.

Part of me thinks that last statement is true, so I will leave it, but part of me also feels it is too harsh. He is a good fellow and a fine man and father. In our family it is pretty common to contemplate all manner of things (I think most families with "thinkers" tend to be that way) including death. Yet, it sometimes feels unnecessary for him to think this way. I would greatly appreciate if you would comment about it here or on his site or prefereably both.

Thank you.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home