The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, December 02, 2005

.
Early to Arrive, Early to Leave!

Last evening when I went to bed at 2:30am, I decided I would make an earlier start of the day and get myself to work by 6:30am at the latest. And so I did, I set the alarm for 6am, and hustled myself quickly through a shower, into clothes and out the door to arrive here to accomplish more research (I am fortunate to not have courses to teach on Fridays this semester.). I am taking a brief pipe & coffee break as I write this, before I head back out into the lab to finish more surgeries.

The reason I decided to come in earlier than usual today, is that I have a mind to go pick up my elderly father-in-law and make a go of our usual pipe tobacco shop, liquor shop visits before we have a good old time of talk and friendhsip in the afternoon. I also am at a busy stage of the research, so in order to have a festive afternoon, I needed to arrive earlier than typical. Hence, this is why I arrived in my office at 6:30am.

The last time I was at the tobacco shop, I saw a new three-berry blend I am pretty sure both I and my father-in-law would greatly enjoy along with our drinks this afternoon. The berry mixture in the pipe tobacco is raspberry, cranberry, and blackberry. It should be damn good.

Have a grand weekend!

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home