The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

.
Saturday, Substituting for Friday

Hello friends! I am substituting a post on Saturday because I ran out of time to post on Friday. Friday, like the last several days before it were extraordinairly hectic and busy. Again, like the last few days the work was good, and appropriate, but exhausting.

I had planned on trying to make an early get-away to spend some time with my elderly father-in-law and have a bit of raucous fun. However, it was not quite what I had hoped for.

I was able to leave the U only in the very late afternoon. By the end of the day I was wiped out mentally, and decided to see if there was any way I could squeeze in some time with my father-in-law. When I get there, everything was grand, but we did not have much time, and unfortunately my elderly father-in-law was a little anxious because he and my mother-in-law were going to eat dinner at another one of their offspring's house. They were planning to leave roughly at 5:30, shortly after my mother-in-law planned to return from shopping.

To make a long story shorter, that meant that our afternoon, albeit fun, was not as raucous and care-free as it often is. And for me, the added timeline that was set for us made my afternoon seem more rushed... much like work was... and no where near as relaxing. Instead, we simply had 2-3 beers each and a pipe or two, and then it was time for him to get ready and time for me to head home. All and all, a very nice time, but it lacked some of the level of fun I had been hoping for and did not approach the level of relaxation I had been needing.

* * * * *

A brief note especially for PLARK.... sir... if you end up reading this, I have tried SEVERAL times to comment on your blog and the comments never show up from me, nor anyone. I believe your comments site may be malfunctioning.

* * * * *

Have a good weekend, friends!

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home