The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

.
Zero

Nothing much to report. Same old, same old. There is some improvement with my mother, but there are still issues that are slow to resolve.

* * * * *

Although I am a professor by trade.... something I had always enjoyed and actually wanted to become even as a youngster. Yet, there were other things I considered becoming.... a novelist, a high school teacher, a medical doctor, or a tobacconist. Each of the above was considered and eventually discarded..... the novelist was too chaotic of an income, the high school teacher would have to deal with too high a percentage of hellions, the medical doctor's life would not be good for my personality (I would take the hardships home with me), and the tobacconist job might make a beautiful hobby become too much like work.

One job though, that always has been a "pipe dream" sort of career is that of a private eye... a detective... a gumshoe. I have decided to curl up with a new detective novel and imagine myself as the 'ole gumshoe.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home