The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

.
Lets Get Physical

During the rough last 2-3 months, I have unfortunately let my typical exercise routine fly out the window. I have missed it greatly and want to get it back into being an every day routine. My prefered exercise has always been brisk walking, and I have been rather consistent over the last 20 years or so in walking daily. This 2.5 month period of very spotty walking has been the longest and most severe deviation from the consistency I have had.

In talking with my baby brother, he has told me he has been working on getting himself more active physically as well and has even set up a blog site to record his every physical parameter. I do not think I shall be that obsessive about recording every bump and hair on my body. Since he posts so irregularly, however, he, himself has no entries. I wish he were nearer to my home (he is roughly three hours away by automobile), but alas he is not.

So, I have as a goal to start walking my five miles again, starting today! My plan is to do so this afternoon as I got a late start this morning (I woke up at 6:30 am) and by the time I had consumed my requisite coffee, pipes, cereal and toast, it was time for me to head to the lab.

Wish me luck!

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home