The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

.
Positive

There has been continued progress today. My mother actually was allowed to eat solid foods... and she actually wanted to eat them. She had a bowl of cereal, a peanut butter sandwhich, and also a piece of pizza during the course of the day. I was delighted and very shocked. Tears welled in my eyes several times as I spoke with my mother. Even though her voice was quite hoarse, she was in good spirits and talked in an animated manner. She even willingly used her inspirometer.

If she can keep this up and work with the physical therapist... she will actually be able to come home again. I am keeping my finger's crossed and hoping and praying about this... surprising improvement. I hope that it is real and I hope that it is maintained.

Thank you, for giving me a reason to have hope again.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home